Having a tree removed can often be an unexpected expense and can sometimes result in an unsightly stump being left in your yard. There are several reasons that getting stumps removed is important.
- Curb appeal – Not only are tree stumps an eye sore; they can actually bring the property value of your house down. When prospective buyers are looking at houses to purchase, they are more likely to choose one with a well-maintained yard.
- Safety hazard – Abandoned stumps can present a significant safety hazard to children that play in your yard, but also to adults, especially at night when it is harder to see what is on the ground in front them.
- Equipment damage – Hitting a stump or an exposed root with a lawn mower or an edger can be dangerous to the machinery and the person using it.
- Space – The remains of trees that used to shade your yard, now take up space that could be used for other purposes, such as: pools, picnic tables, other landscaping, and even just open space to play or do activities.
- New growth – That tree that you had cut down can actually come back to haunt you, if you leave the stump intact. After the tree is cut down, new growth can happen around the stump itself and underground in the root system. These roots can then damage your buried utility lines, sidewalks, driveways, and patios.
- Pests and disease – Old decaying stumps are a haven for many insects including: carpenter ants, carpenter bees, powder post beetles, and termites. In addition, they can become a vector for serious fungal diseases that may easily spread to surrounding trees and plants.
Removing tree stumps is an incredibly difficult and dangerous job, especially for those who lack proper equipment and training. It’s often difficult to know exactly how expansive a tree’s root system may be, which can affect how difficult it will be to remove. Accidents can and do happen, and we don’t want to see anyone get hurt. This is a job best left to the professionals at Hentges Tree Service. We’re trained, certified and have all the specialized equipment to remove your stumps safely and economically.
DO YOU NEED HELP?
Don’t wait any longer. We’re here to serve and we’ll provide you a free estimate!